Yoga for men isn’t something we think about. Yoga is becoming popular among women day by day in the United States
This trend is less common among men. So today, we are going to discuss various benefits of men having yoga in their life, so it will encourage them to do Yoga.
So let’s find the essential benefits of using Men performing Yoga.
- Essential Health Benefits of Yoga for Men
- Yoga for Improving the Immune System of Men
- Yoga can Help Improve Your Heart Health
- Using Yoga to Control Diabetes in Men
- Practicing Yoga to Improve the Sexual Health of Men
- Using Yoga for Improving the Mental Health of Men
- Applying Yoga with Alzheimer’s Disease
- Using Yoga to Deal with Osteoporosis in Men
- Benefits of Naked Yoga in Mans Life
- Perks of Bikram Yoga for Men
- Benefits of Ashtanga Yoga in Men’s Life
Below we will discuss the points below about Yoga For Men.
Essential Health Benefits of Yoga for Men
Yoga has different health benefits; however, most people often regard it as something that only women do. However, men are getting into it more and more.
According to reports in the Yoga Journal that say that the number of yoga users in America is about 20.4 million.
Of that number, 82.2% are women and the number of men who practice Yoga is only 17.8%.
The idea that yoga studios are only filled with women is a misconception that’s been perpetuated for many years.
In this article, we learn how Yoga is not only important for women, but yoga has countless health benefits for men, as well.
Yoga for Improving the Immune System of Men
As we know, practicing Yoga is one of the most effective ways to reduce cortisol levels in the bodies of men.
Too high a level of this hormone may lead to different viruses and diseases such as the flu, etc.
In addition to this benefit; Yoga plays a significant role in improving the working of the lymphatic system of the human body.
The lymphatic system is responsible for transferring defensive cells throughout the body.
Thus the first benefit of Yoga for men is that it improves the immune system so it will decrease the chances of illness and viruses in men.
Yoga can Help Improve Your Heart Health
According to the reports of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), heart disease is one of the leading causes of death in the United States.
Yoga performs a vital role in maintaining the heart health of men.
The second significant benefit of having yoga in your life is that in addition to relieving stress.
As a side benefit, it has a surprisingly positive effect on the heart health of a person.
According to the reports of Harvard Medical School, yoga not only improves heart health but is also beneficial for fighting any kind of disease.
Similarly, according to the report published in the European Journal of Preventive Cardiology, Yoga has a vital role in reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Yoga, as we know, is one of the best ways to reduce stress and anxiety and it is supported by scientific research as well.
According to the report published in PUBMED, yoga plays a vital role in controlling stress and anxiety that are the leading cause of many other chronic diseases.
- WATCH VIDEO – Easy 1-Minute Exercises to Reduce Back Pain
Helps to Control Diabetes
Diabetes is also among the leading diseases present in the millions of men in the United States.
According to the reports in PUBMED, there are about 11 million men in the United States, and this number keeps increasing.
This report also shows that this number will be doubled by 2030, but here is the good news for diabetes patients.
According to the research conducted in India, they assessed the 30 diabetes patients who were doing Yoga and 30 non-diabetic men to check the impacts of Yoga on them.
This study has shown that surprisingly, after the three months of yoga practice, the blood glucose level among the diabetes patients was reduced.
So this research has clearly shown that men who are suffering from this chronic disease can also get benefit from Yoga.
- FIND ONLINE CLASSES – Yoga Classes From The Comfort of Your Home
Practicing Yoga to Improve the Sexual Health of Men
Yoga plays a significant role in improving the sexual health of a person, and this is also supported by certain studies.
There is a study that was published by the National Library of Medicine, to examine the effects of practicing Yoga, especially on the sexual functioning of men.
In this study, 65 men who were performing Yoga participated. They were given particular questionnaires to fill out after 12 weeks.
This study concluded, based on the Male Sexual Quotient, that Yoga seems to be one of the most effective methods to improve the sexual life of men.
Similarly, other studies have also shown that men who practice yoga have fewer problems with premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction.
The third benefit of employing Yoga is that it plays an essential role in improving your sexual life.
It does this by strengthening pelvic muscles and enhancing mood.
- AMAZING STORY – 12 Year Old Girl Becomes the Youngest Certified Yoga Instructor
Using Yoga for Improving the Mental Health of Men
Mental health problems are considered to be more common in men than in women. According to suicide statistics here, suicide is the 10th cause of death in America.
The rate of suicide is three times more in men as compared to women.
But don’t worry, Yoga is here to rescue the mental health patients.
A study in the Yoga Journal presented in the 125th convention of the American Psychological Association also shows that Hatha Yoga plays a vital role in reducing mental health problems in men.
In this study, about 21 male veterans suffering from depression participated and followed the Hatha Yoga for almost 8 weeks.
This research concluded that Yoga played a crucial role in improving the mood of these patients.
In addition to these studies, one research that was published by the International Journal of Yoga Therapy has also proved that Yoga is beneficial for veterans who were suffering from post-traumatic stress.
These studies have shown that more and more men should participate in Yoga to help with mental problems.
- READ YOGA STYLE – Beer Yoga: A New Style of Yoga To Try
Applying Yoga to Deal with Alzheimer’s Disease
According to the report released by the Alzheimer’s Association, this disease is the 6th leading cause of death in America.
Yoga can play a vital role in dealing with this disease.
According to the studies published by the Alzheimer’s Association, Yoga helps these patients in improving the visuospatial memory as well as in reducing depression.
In this study, 14 people participated, and researchers concluded that Yoga is “helpful in improving functional connectivity concerning verbal memory performance.”
Thus, based on this research, we can conclude that Alzheimer’s disease patients can use Yoga to get significant improvements.
- REDUCE PAIN VIDEO – Easy 1-Minute Exercises to Reduce Back Pain
Using Yoga to Deal with Osteoporosis in Men
About 200,000,000 people are suffering from Osteoporosis worldwide.
People who are suffering from Osteoporosis can use Yoga to build bone mineral density, and this is also proved by certain studies as well.
According to the research published in “Journal Topics in Geriatric Rehabilitation,” eighteen patients who were suffering from Osteoporosis were examined.
The researchers concluded that Yoga proved to be one of the effective ways that can help these patients to “build bone mineral density after menopause.”
Perks of Naked Yoga for Men
Naked Yoga is a relatively new concept; however, it was started by the Naga Sadhus of India. Here we will find out the important perks of this style of Yoga.
- Positive Attitude Toward the Body – Many people do not like their body shape. So Yoga helps them build a stronger connection with their body and environment. Naked Yoga helps yoga users in loving and honoring their bodies.
- Helps to Build Confidence – Naked Yoga helps people to confront their fears in front of many people. When a man is practicing Yoga in the buff with others, this will allow him to build courage and confidence.
- Health Perks of Naked Yoga – This type of yoga helps in treating cardiovascular diseases, depression, and anxiety. They also work to improve digestion, psychological health, and boosting immunity.
Perks of Bikram Yoga In Everyday Life
Essential benefits of Bikram Yoga are the following;
- Bikram yoga is beneficial in increasing the sleep quality of men.
- This Yoga helps to improve body posture and body awareness.
- It is best to improve concentration and mental determination.
- This style of Yoga is considered best for improving the lymphatic system in men.
- Bikram yoga helps to improve the sexual prowess of men
Benefits of Ashtanga Yoga in Men’s Life
Some of the Ashtanga Yoga benefits, which is also known as flow yoga for men, are the following;
- This type of Yoga is beneficial for increasing the physical strength of men.
- It helps in tuning the body to increase balance, concentration, and coordination.
- Ashtanga yoga is best for emotional and mental flexibility and strength.
- This Yoga is not only essential for physical well-being but also for spiritual well-being.
- Ashtanga yoga is one of the best cardio workouts.
- YOGA BENEFITS – Benefits of Using Yoga For A Healthy Active Lifestyle
We Hope You Like This Post About Yoga For Men
Yoga is often thought of as a women’s exercise, but men are getting into it more and more.
So in this article, we have explored the important benefits of Yoga for men.
After reading this article, the reader will be able to gain essential knowledge that the benefits of using Yoga are not only for women.
There are countless benefits that men can also gain from performing Yoga. Namaste!
This article was made in CATEGORIES: Articles About Yoga – DESCRIPTION: Yoga for men isn’t something men talk about much. We are discussing various benefits of Yoga, especially for men, so it will encourage them.